Kodi version 17.1 has been released

Kodi version 17.1 has just been released. An official announcement has not been made yet, so it’s not entirely clear what has changed since version 17, but the final v17.1 APK was just added to the official download page. This new version likely doesn’t add too many new features, but instead fixes bugs that have surfaced since v17 was released last month.

The easiest way to install or update to Kodi 17.1, on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, is to use my Downloader app and enter bit.ly/kodi171 in the URL field of the app. If you need more detailed instructions, you can find them here in my guide.

1. Pawdog says:

Any idea why Kodi 17.1 only shows up in manage applications on my Fire TV 1. It shows up in all the right places on the Fire TV 2. Im using Firestarter to access it right now.

2. Kramar111 says:

bit.ly/kodi171 = kodi-17.txt
    Downloader 1.1.1, Fire TV 2 Gen

3. Y2Bogus says:

I have Jarvis installed, not on a FTV device, but on a Raspberry Pi. Since upgrading to Krypton, I’ve noticed obvious stutter and performance degradation. I went back to Jarvis. Krypton for me isn’t ready for prime time.

4. Jack Astor says:

Not at fan of Kodi 17! I’m sticking with 16.

5. Steven Melton says:

Is there a way I can have both installed on my Android box or firetv? I would love to have both Kodi 16 and 17.1 and run 2 different builds. I have SPMC but it just isn’t the same.

6. finalheaven says:

Shouldn’t FireTV 2 users install the x64 bit version? The arm64-v8a?

7. RickO says:

>Shouldn’t FireTV 2 users install the x64 bit version? The arm64-v8a?

I do – been using it since beta – just fine like it.

8. dpstorm says:

Can one upgrade Kodi on FireTV 2 directly from 32 bit to 64 bit (without uninstalling first)?

9. Mike says:

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.71RC to 1.71 with downloader and it’s not working, only stating: “App not installed”. I also tried with adb install and I get this error: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]

Running AFTV2, v5.2.4.0, no root. Any ideas?

10. Alice says:

A friend loaded my fire stick with kodi and it was great – all the movies and no money!….then the icon went missing and I was able to ‘reload” it, I have the icon but I can’t get it to load the “free” movies….only pay it now “prime”….

11. ubern00b says:

I’m able to download kodi just fine on my phone; but the firestick keeps giving it a txt extension, apparently renaming it from apk. I can’t figure out how to rename it, any one have this problem, or ideas how to fix?

12. ubern00b says:

Never mind, it was a bad link.