There are currently about 180 Amazon Fire TV apps and games that are listed as incompatible with the Fire TV Stick. Many of those apps run perfectly fine on the Fire TV Stick, but for one reason or another are listed as incompatible. Minecraft, the best selling Fire TV game, is one example of such an app. It runs surprisingly well on the Fire TV Stick, but cannot be purchased and installed on the Fire TV Stick directly. This guide will walk you through the steps of copying an app or game from a Fire TV and installing it on a Fire TV Stick. Neither device needs to be rooted.
- Install the app on your Fire TV as you normally would through the Amazon Appstore.
- Connect to your Fire TV via ADB
- Run the command: adb shell
- Run this command to list all of your installed apps:
pm list packages -3 -f
If you need to transfer a system app, use this command instead to see all apps:
pm list packages -f
- Locate the app you want to transfer in the printed list and copy its file path; the part between the colon (:) and the equal sign (=)
- Run the command: exit
- Copy the app’s APK file to your computer with the following command:
Note: Be sure to replace /data/app/com.mojang.minecraftpe-1.apk with the app location you copied in step 5, and replace /Users/AFTVnews/Downloads with the path to a directory on your computer where you can temporarily store the app file.
- Now simply sideload the APK file you just copied to your computer onto the Fire TV Stick.