The question of how to repeat a video file forever on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick seems to come up fairly frequently. While the default video player is incapable of doing this, the ever mighty Kodi app can perform this task with ease. Read on for a step by step guide.
- Sideload Kodi on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, if you don’t already have it installed.
- Locate and begin playing the video that you want to repeat.
- Pause the video at any point by pressing the PAUSE button on your Fire TV remote.
- With the video paused, press the BACK button on your Fire TV remote to return to your list of videos.
- Press the LEFT directional button on your Fire TV remote to bring up a sidebar menu in Kodi.
- Scroll down and select “Current playlist”.
- You’ll see a list with just the current video file on it. Press the LEFT button on your remote again to bring up the playlist options and select the “Repeat” option to change it to “All”.
- Scroll down and select the “Full screen” option to return the the paused video.
- Press PLAY on your Fire TV remote and the video will now repeat forever until you manually stop it.