If you’re like most, you use your Fire TV primarily for a few key features. That leaves a lot of unused menu items cluttering up your home screen. Whether you just want to remove one or two items, or strip out all but a few options, an XDA Developers community member by the name of rbox is your savior. He’s developed a collection of Xposed mods which, among other things, adds an option in the Fire TV’s settings section to toggle menu items on and off. Read on for our full guide to setting up the mod.
Your Fire TV must be rooted and on software version 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206 in order to use this mod. You will also need a mouse connected to your Fire TV for one of the steps. The mod relies on the Xposed framework. We’ll first show you how to install Xposed, then install the mod, and then configure the mod. If you already have Xposed installed on your Fire TV (from when you installed the Google Play Store perhaps) you can skip the first section in this guide.
This mod allows you to turn on/off any home screen menu item except “Home” and “Settings”. The mod also includes a few other helpful changes, like the ability to open Android’s recent apps menu by long pressing the home button on your Fire TV remote. To read up on everything included in this mod, visit the mod’s XDA post.
Section 1: Setup the Xposed Framework
- Download the Xposed Framework APK (Source/Mirror)
- Sideload the Xposed Framework onto your Fire TV
- Launch “Xposed Installer” on the Fire TV from the Settings > Applications menu
- Select “Framework”
- Select “OK” to dismiss the popup
- Select “Install/Update” to install the framework
- Select “Grant” on the SupreSU popup
- Select “OK” to reboot
Section 2: Install rbox’s Fire TV Mod Pack
- Download rbox’s Fire TV Mods. The APK download link is in the “ATTACHED FILES” section at the bottom of the first post.
- Sideload rbox’s Fire TV Mods onto your Fire TV. Xposed mods are sideloaded the same way you sideload any APK file.
- Launch “Xposed Installer”
- Select “Modules”
- With a mouse connected to your Fire TV, check the “RboxFireTVMod” box.
- Exit to the Fire TV Home screen and reboot the Fire TV by holding both “Select” and “Play” on the Fire TV remote for several seconds
Section 3: Modify Menu Items