A few months ago, Amazon enabled a banner ad at the top of the Fire TV homescreen. The banner was added with the 220.127.116.11 software update, but wasn’t activated until several months later. I personally don’t mind the banner, since it only advertises Fire TV related items, but if you have a rooted Fire TV and want it gone, then you’re in luck. Rbox just updated his Xposed module to remove the banner, in addition of all the other tweaks it adds. This guide will walk you through the simple steps of installing the module and removing the home screen banner ad.
- If you don’t already have it installed, install the Xposed Framework using this guide. Note that your Fire TV needs to be rooted to install the Xposed Framework and to follow this guide.
- Download the latest version of “Fire TV Mods by rbox” from here.
- Sideload the APK file you just download the same way you would sideload an app.
- Launch Xposed Installer from the Fire TV’s Settings > Applications > Manage Applications menu.
- Select “Modules”.
- Using a mouse, check the box corresponding to RboxFireTvMods to enable it.
- Press the home button on your remote and restart your Fire TV by holding down the SELECT and PLAY buttons on your remote simultaneously for several seconds.
- When your Fire TV restarts, the banner ad at the top should be gone.
- Note that the Xposed module you just installed consists of several Fire TV mods. For starters, you’ll notice that a new settings option has appeared which allows you to hide any of the Fire TV’s menu items. To learn more about all the features of this mod, read the mod’s thread on XDA. While you’re there, hit rbox’s donate button on the left to show your appreciation for all the great work he does for the Fire TV community.