Some of you choose to use an alternate Android launcher on your Amazon Fire TV instead of the default homescreen. This can be a beneficial decision if you’re one who often uses a variety of sideloaded apps. One thing that had always been missing from alternate launchers on the Fire TV was the ability to change the launcher’s wallpaper. Today that changes, because XDA Forum member schybiorz has figured out a way to enable wallpapers and forum member superkoal has packaged the modification into a simple to install Xposed module. The module enables both static and live wallpapers, as well as widgets.
- If you haven’t done so yet, install and setup the Xposed Framework on your Fire TV by following this guide.
- Download a pack of 3 required APKs from here (mirror)
- Download the WallpaperEnabler APK from the bottom of this XDA post
- Extract the 3 required APKs you downloaded (com.android.systemui.apk, com.android.wallpaper.apk, and com.android.wallpaper.livepicker.apk) and sideload them onto your Fire TV
- Sideload the WallpaperEnabler.apk you downloaded onto your Fire TV
- Launch “Xposed Installer” on your Fire TV
- Select “Modules”
- Check the box to the right of the WallpaperEnabler module. (You will need a mouse connected to your Fire TV for this.)
- Restart your Fire TV
- When your Fire TV reboots, you should now be able to open your favorite alternate launcher and change its wallpaper. Be sure to send thanks and/or donate to schybiorz and superkoal if you appreciate their work.