How to determine the IP Address of an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick

ip-address-header
Most of the guides on this website require you to know the IP Address of your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. This guide will show you how to find that IP Address.

1. From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen, scroll down to “Settings”.
    screenshot-settings
  2. Next, scroll to the right and select “System”.
    screenshot-system
  3. Next, Scroll down to and select “About”.
    screenshot-about
  4. Next, Scroll down to “Network”. Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s IP Address will be listed on the first line on the right as a set of 4 numbers separated by periods. When entering this IP into an application that requests it, enter all 4 numbers including the periods.
    screenshot-ip-address-ipaddress

1. Skydivingcows says:

For those that have XBMC and a launcher that boots into XBMC, you may need to choose anything related to Amazon or KFTV Launcher to get to this menu. This is “close” to where you would change or add your WiFi settings too.

2. Linwood says:

When I look at the network to find the IP Address, I see the address of the Wi-Fi. Should I use this, or how do I find the IP Address of the stick?

3. angela says:

I also don’t have an IP address on the Fire TV box – just the wifi name. I’ve found the IP address of my router is this the same thing as the Fire IP address?

• No it isn’t. Your router’s IP address is your routers. Your Firestick/TV IP address is independent. Im not sure why its not displaying for you, mine shows just fine at this side, for example 168.192.1.111

4. Emily says:

I do not have a visible IP address either. It says the name of my hub then the signal strength. Then security below the word connected but no IP address does anyone know how I reveal this

5. MAC Challenged says:

How do you get the MAC address from the stick to add it to a router that uses a MAC address control list? When I start the stick it wants to go through the setup process without giving away to access essential information. Any thoughts?

6. Charles U. Farley says:

As of 01/20/16, to find the MAC in the Fire Stick, select your language and at the next screen, scroll past all available networks to get to the options to connect via WPS push button or to see the stick’s MAC address. Bad menu design on Amazon’s part.

7. Scott Kirk says:

I have a fire tv box and a fire tv stick. They both have the same up address. It will not allow me to set them up. How do I remedy this?

8. Scott Kirk says:

Sorry, they have the same IP address

9. PJ Mac says:

I have a fire stick that I love and has been working perfectly for 6 months.. until yesterday..I installed a new wireless gateway from Comcast (an upgrade) and all my wireless devices worked great except firestick. It would not connect to the network although I did everything to get it to connect ..power cycled, reentered password, looked at security.. called tech support..but it continued to cycle through signal strength very good then to “out of range” disconnected.

Then I saw Charles Farley’s comment on bypassing the networks and connecting through the wps button. It worked perfectly! As far as I’m concerned, its all magic but I have my firestick back. Yay. thanks Charles.

10. Pat McCann says:

I bought an Amazon Fire Stick but the same day my son bought me one also. I explained this to Amazon and they refunded me an accepted the stick back. I installed the device and the first problem I met was that Amazon refused to help because they said (quite truly)that I had not bought it from them!
    Next my Samsung TV hit a problem with the remote starter button. I stripped the TV and replaced the four 1000mf 16volt capacitors with four 1000mf 50volt ones and the TV was back – no problem.
    But the Fire Stick would no longer work!!!
    After three weeks of having no TV I’m learning new things about myself. First and most important is that I am not dependent on TV. So to hell with Fire Sticks and Fire TVs and all the rest of that stuff
    I just tinker with them now – for FUN.

11. Cmonaghan says:

I can’t find my IP address’,it reads…ssid Unknown I.p address unknown gateway Unknown subnet mask Unknown dns Unknown all that is there is the MAC address, is there anywhere else to obtain the IP address?

12. Geonosis says:

I have my IP address for the firestick and I’m online with my PC but can’t connect for some reason.

13. Me says:

Can’t do “WPS push button” or “WPS PIN” on my cheap router.

14. Me says:

I just returned it to Amazon so I don’t waste more time.

15. Scott says:

I have a firstick and during my move I lost my remote and have a new Internet setup. How can I control the firstick without remote

16. SIP-SET says:

I think the issue people are having is when its not connected to wifi

17. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks
    you really recognise what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked.
    Kindly also discuss with my website =). We could have a link exchange arrangement between us

18. Joni says:

My IP address is coming up as 10.x.x.xx. This does not seem right to me. Does anyone know why this is happening

19. Gary Bergman says:

New firestick would not work. Fault found with (Alexa) remote. Replaced remote and connected to network. New remote worked just long enough to configure network, then also quit. I used iPhone app, but it’s clumsy. Discovered firestick can be controlled via HDMI-CEC. Found CEC settings on my Vizio TV and now use my Vizio remote to control firestick. Much easier.