If you’re like me and have multiple Amazon Fire TVs and/or Fire TV Sticks, the default device names assigned by Amazon can start to get confusing. When purchasing a new app or managing your device from Amazon’s website, it’s nice to have a descriptive name to make it easy to determine which device you’re modifying. This guide will show you how to change those device names.
- View your device’s current name by navigating to Settings > System > About.
- Open Amazon’s “Manage Your Content and Devices” page by following this link.
(If the link doesn’t work, you can find the page by selecting the “Your Android Apps & Devices” link under the “Your Account” menu on Amazon’s Homepage. Then select “Your Devices” from the navigation menu on the left.)
- Select the device you want to rename.
- Click the small “Edit” link next to the device name.
- Enter the new name and click “Save”.