History, Lifetime, and A&E apps return to Amazon Fire TV

history-lifetime-ae-header

After nearly a month long hiatus, History, Lifetime, and A&E apps have returned to the Fire TV. The apps were updated to be Fire TV compatible on August 26th but then promptly lost compatibility the next day. The update notes for all three apps now say “Fixes freezing issues on the Kindle Fire TV”, giving an explanation to the disappearance. It’s good to see the removal was due to a technical problem and not a deliberate decision to keep them off of the Fire TV.

1. John says:

Too bad for me. History Channel App would be great…but can’t use it…there is no drop down with Fire TV to activate on the history channel site if you have verizon FIOS.

2. Darren says:

Comcast doesn’t support A&E app for Amazon Fire TV.

I activated the A&E app on my Apple ipad without a problem and it works perfectly.
    However, on my TV via Comcast Xfinity and Amazon Fire TV… the ‘Activate’ screen doesn’t even list Comcast as a provider.
    That’s too bad.

3. trog says:

Trying to activate history channel but they dont have Direct TV as an option….how do they not have one of the largest providers listed?

• Courtney says:

Omg I’m dealing with the same issue. The app on my phone lists directv but firestick does not. I sent them an email. Have u been able to resolve this issue yet?

• Charles says:

Make sure you are on the same Wifi as your device. Select the Apple TV device, select the Direct TV option, and enter the activation code from your Amazon Fire TV. It will activate your decice. The activation code is what links it back to your device not the option you chose at the beginning.

• Tammy says:

It does have Direct tv. Check again. Unfortunately I suspended my account with Direct tv. I thought I could activate the History channel with just my Amazon prime. Apparently not

4. Joshua says:

cox is not supported with any of these apps either.

5. Eva May says:

I TOO, CAN NOT GET THESE WITH AMAZON FIRE TV… THEY DO NOT HAVE WHAT I HAVE FOR CABLE HOOKUP WHICH IS MEDIACOM. THIS TOTALLY BITES. THEY NEED TO CHECK MORE INTO *ALL* THE CABLE PROVIDERS THAT EACH STATE HAS.

6. Marie says:

I can’t connect and I DO have a cable provider that works with the app (WOW!) I keep going to the site and entering my code from my Amazon Fire TV and it says “you are now connected, happy viewing” yet my Amazon Fire TV says I am not “connected” or “signed in” …

7. Joshua Doll says:

Please add amazon support to the list of supported providers.

8. AM says:

It’s 2016. They are gone again. Resurrecting this thread because it comes up high in searches.

• C.J. says:

Thank you for your post it was very Helpful!I was having so much trouble signing on till I ran across your post..Thanks again.

• Annis says:

You rock. I needed help with this app, it is a pain downloading and adding your cable provider. I do not have the boxes, cable boxes that is. I am paying for the apps. There are two I am having problems with is SYFY and USA app can’t find my provider.

9. Perry says:

This is BOGUS CRAP!! How can you not have Directv as a choice of providers for Amazon Fire TV but for ROKU, Apple TV and even a XBOX360 it is a choice, is this a friggin SCAM?!?!?!

10. Julianna says:

I was able to activate my Comcast A&E account on my firetv by circumventing the activate page. Here is how:

Open your browser, navigate to xfinity.comcast.net, and sign in to your account.
    On your Fire TV, navigate to a channel that requires authorization.
    When you try to sign in, it will give you an activation code. Keep this up on your TV. Don’t navigate anywhere else.
    Come back to this post and copy the corresponding channel URL.
    Go back to your browser and paste the URL into the address bar – but do not hit enter.
    Find the ******* in the URL and replace the stars with the activation code as shown on your TV. All letters are uppercase.
    Then hit enter and wait. It could take up to 15 seconds, but the Fire TV should show the success message.

11. Lisa says:

LMC 1964@bellsouth.net
    My issue is I signed up with activation number I don’t have any TV provider I can get some for episodes without it When I activate with the pass code it will not let me view full episodes I watched it the other night with DirecTV as my provider one night and then the next night I tried to watch another episode of roots and it would not show a full episode I can only play the clip what’s wrong I get rid of my cable TV provider to save money and now I can’t watch nothing hardly

• Mary Teutsch says:

Same here Lisa!! I just got rid of direct TV to save money. I bought amazon fire for all of my TVs and now I can’t watch aetv??? What can I do? Buy Roku? Somebody please help!! Live PD is my fave show

12. Jeannette C Whitmire says:

i’m using fire tv and clicked the apple tv,worked great

13. David says:

Does not list direct tv in the providers list so can not activate

14. Harry A Goodman says:

Julianna,

Can the same strategy be used for AT&T Uverse?

15. Julie says:

Millennial Loving Granny needs help:
    How do I get an activation code when my Fire Stick has been activated for months? I understand changing to Apple TV, but I don’t get where to get the activation code.
    Of course, this may not be my last issue until I can get Comcast activated successfully.
    Could someone walk me through it from start to finish?
    You ROCK!

16. Di Bee says:

I have ATT Uverse and an Amazon Fire Stick. Until a month ago, I could watch anything on the History Channel. Now I watch four or five episodes of a series and suddenly get the “no Authz” code. I’ve uninstalled and installed the app numerous times. No Luck. Amazon has no remedy. I’ve tried everything. It’s frustrating.

17. Di Bee says:

P.S. It happens with A&E and TCM also.

18. alice morris says:

Where do you find the activation codes to enter? I have mediacom and then wants me to put in a code, but where do i find the code?

19. Mary Washington says:

I have PlayStationvue. It is not listed as s provider. WHY?

20. LisaB says:

I have firetv and centurylink prism…I have activated lifetime. A&E, and History, but when I click to watch anything it says, must reauthenticate….how do I do that? I am so frustrated….I don’t tech, and I did this to save money…..thank you for all your help!

21. Anitra Chatham says:

Metronet is not one of the providers it is also not supporting Animal Planet Go

22. Dr J says:

Was having the same issues as above with Comcast except with a wrinkle. I could log in using an activation code and it worked fine (using the URL login method, not from the channel website as Comcast is not listed), activated channel, worked ok. Now, if I launch another channel app. activate a second channel using the above method, it boots me off the first channel.

To get a new activation code – from the channel app screen, go to the top bar under settings and log out, then it will provide another code (Comcast/FireTv stick channel app). Might be the same for other apps/platforms.