Get unlimited Amazon Drive storage for 12 months for $48 — A discount of 20%

You can currently sign up for a 1-year subscription of Amazon Drive unlimited storage for $47.99 by using promo code WINTERPRINTS at checkout. That’s 20% off the regular price of $59.99 and the lowest price I’ve seen for buying the service on its own. Amazon Drive allows you to store as much data of any type in the cloud. They recently added a Dropbox-like sync feature that allows you to automatically sync files to Amazon Drive and across multiple devices. I personally use it as my main offsite backup solution, in conjunction with a Synology NAS, and I’m very happy with the service.

1. Derek says:

Have you ever had any issues with the service? Do you sure many non photo files there? I considered signing up for the service recently but I read online that Amazon gets upset if you actually sit a lot of files or use to much space. I wanted it to store all my media to use specifically with my kindle fire hd10.

• AFTVnews says:

Most of my files are non-photo. I also personally encrypt my files so Amazon actually has no idea if they’re photos or not. I use it to backup files and to store files that I hardly ever access and don’t have the space to store locally, like the unedited video from my AFTVnewscast podcast. I have never received any kind of notification from Amazon regarding my Amazon Drive account. I’m currently using 700GB of space. About half are podcast videos and the other half are misc file backups.

I have read that Amazon scans uploaded videos for copyright and will flag your account if you try to share those videos publically, so you can’t upload a ripped movie and send your friend a public link. If your media is not copyrighted, then you have nothing to worry about. If it is copyrighted, then you’re probably fine if you don’t share access publicly.

2. Reflex says:

If only Plex had been able to integrate AmazonDrive. :(

3. BoomSchtick says:

Mind the terms… I wouldn’t count on Amazon letting you drop terrabytes of media onto their service.

4. Derek says:

Thanks everyone. After considering what everybody said and watching some videos on YouTube (one guy had over 10 TERABYTES! On his) I decided to do it. At the end of the day all I have to lose wood be $48 bucks. Thanks again for all the input everybody.

5. John C says:

If this is the same Amazon Cloud storage I’m familiar with, then their use of the term “unlimited” is a bit questionable. Although they don’t ever seem to advertise or even mention this fact, their terms of service for Amazon Cloud storage have long said you won’t be able to stream from their site any video longer than 20 minutes. You might be able to upload a larger video file. But then if you actually wanted to view it, you’d have to download the entire file instead of being able to watch it via streaming from the Amazon site.

• John C says:

“For videos: MP4, Quicktime, AVI, MTS, MPG, ASF, WMV, Flash, and OGG. Videos less than 20 minutes in length and smaller than 2 GB in size can be streamed through the Amazon Drive website and mobile applications. Amazon Drive streaming is not available for videos longer than 20 minutes or larger than 2 GB, but these can be stored in Amazon Drive for you to download and watch offline.”

Amazon Drive: Photo, Video, and File Requirements

6. Ujn Hunter says:

Can you extend existing subscriptions for this sale price? Or is this only for new users?

Also… beware of the “sync” Amazon Drive App, if you delete files off your local drive… they delete from the cloud! I totally screwed up my Amazon Drive because one of my computers had a bunch of files “sync’d” to it that shouldn’t have been sync’d and I deleted them from the local folder on that computer, I was able to “recover” sort of by “undeleting” on Amazon Drive (you supposedly have 30 days before files are deleted for good…) but there was an error when I tried to restore and all of the “folder” information was lost, so I had a bunch of orphan files in the root folder… lame.