MapQuest has partnered with MLB.com for a promotion which should land you 449 Amazon coins for $1.99, a profit of 250 coins. If you’ve got some free Appstore credit from the promotions last month that is about to expire, this is a great way to convert some of it into Amazon coins and potentially make a 250 coin profit in the process. You will need an Android smartphone with the Amazon Appstore installed to take part in this promotion, so if you’ve got one then read on.
- Download the free MapQuest app from the Amazon Appstore on your smartphone
- Launch the MapQuest app, and enter the MLB.com Team Shop from within the app
(You should see a full screen promotion with a button at the bottom as soon as you launch MapQuest)
- Choose any team and purchase their $1.99 team kit
(If you have both Amazon Coins and Amazon Appstore Credit in your account, choose to use coins at checkout. Amazon will still use your Appstore Credit instead of coins.)
- At checkout, the app will say that you will earn 60 coins. You will instead receive at least 199 coins due to the current promotion. However most people, including ourselves, are receiving 449 coins for the purchase.
- Make the most out of your free coins by picking up these games on sale for $0.99, several are 86% off. [Optional, of course]
It is unclear right now why most people are receiving an extra 250 coins. Amazon has been running a long time promotion which rewards you 250 coins for your first purchase of select apps. We, like many others receiving the extra 250 coins with this MapQuest promotion, have received our “first purchase” reward long ago so it is unclear if the extra 250 coins here are related. Even if you only receive the minimum reward of 199 coins for $1.99, it is a great way to convert Appstore Credit into Amazon Coins since Appstore Credit tends to expire 1 month after acquisition and Amazon Coins expire 1 year after acquisition. The Appstore credit from last months promotions (i.e., $10 for buying a gift card, $5 for buying a PC game, $3 for buying an MP3) are due to expire July 31st.