Game testers requested for Local Multiplayer capabilities on Fire TVs and Fire Tablets

The developer of the Fire TV game Cyboid is looking for people to help test the addition of local multiplayer to his game. This will allow 2 Fire TVs in the same home to play against each other with minimal lag. Fire tablets will also be supported, so a Fire TV user and a Fire tablet user could face off or multiple Fire tablet users could go at it. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there are any Fire TV games that support local multiplayer across multiple devices, so this should be interesting if it works well. Cyboid is a first-person shooter that reminds me of the classic Quake games. it’s playable with the Fire TV remote, so you don’t need to have multiple game controllers. If you have multiple Fire TVs, or a combination of Fire TVs and Fire Tablets, and are willing to try the new local multiplayer feature out, send an email to support@randrdigital.com and include the email address that you have associated with your Amazon account. That email address is required to give access to the beta version of the game through the Amazon Appstore. For your help, you’ll get the game and all of its in-app purchasable extras for free. I am in no way associated with this game. The developer is just a long time reader of the site, so I like to help him out here and there.

Follow me on Twitter (@elias) and Instagram (@esaba) to see what I'm up to.

1. Patrick says:

Minecraft can play lan multi

2. Jon says:

Also Asphalt 8

3. TechyChris says:

I own “Ticket To Ride” but to be honest I never really got into it on my Fire TV, seemed a bit clunky. Out of curiosity I looked it up on my account, I paid $2.99 for it about a year & a half ago, must have been on sale…oh well.

• xnamkcor says:

I played it for 1 minute and decided it was too complicated. Also, I have nobody to play it with and since then have even less time to play it. I’d rather play Rockboard.

4. BaityFish says:

Flats (FPS) can play cross platform, but I haven’t tried it without net access, LAN only.

5. wlion1 says:

The programmer behind Cyboid is a very well known programmer. He is the brains behind BLEEM Emulator released in 1999. He was ahead of hi time with what he was able to achieve back in the early 2000’s. Looking forward to testing Cyboid if he accepts me email.

• xnamkcor says:

“Dedicated to my loving husband of 21 years who passed away on October 14, 2018.”

Well, whether it was a guy or a girl, they had a husband. Rest in peace.

PS: Or the third option. The husband made BLEEM and the wife is also a programmer and is carrying on their husband’s trade.

6. xnamkcor says:

I hope it isn’t a dealbreaker if I don’t actually have other people to play with.

7. kimb!e says:

interested in the testing, position(s) only way i could send e-mail

Elias’s Latest Instagram