FOX Sports GO arrives on the Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick

fox-sports-go-app-header
Two months after Amazon let slip that FOX Sports GO would be coming to the Amazon Fire TV, the app has now been released for both the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. FOX Sports GO provides live streaming video from FOX’s various sports channels including, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, FOX College Sports, FOX Prime Ticket, and FOX Deportes. The app is free but, like other apps of its kind, must be activated through one of the participating cable service providers. AT&T, Cox, Time Warner, and Charter are among some of the 30 participating providers. Notably missing from the list are satellite providers Dish Network and Direct TV.

1. Tex says:

The app never gets past the opening screen for me. I let it sit there several times for 5+ minutes and it never did anything.

On a side note, do apps automatically update themselves when there are newer versions?

2. Moki says:

Any one get fox sports go working with Charter? Its not listed as a provider within the app for me. This app feels exactly like the sideloaded apk I installed, a few minor bugs and oddities, I dont think its been tuned to FireTV at all.

• Axecaster says:

Also seeing trouble with the omission of Charter in the list of providers to set up the app. Seemed to behaved this same way for me as the sideloaded version.

3. rcrh says:

After starting the app I get a list of shows but when I select one it says my account isn’t authorized. But, it never asks for any account information. Any idea how this app is checking authorization?

4. rcrh says:

5. Lorraine Poole says:

Charter is not listed and when I try to add it as a provider, he has me repeating the steps, but nothing happens — one very vicious cycle…Help!

6. Steve says:

Did anyone ever get the app to work w/ Charter?