Fox Nation app is now available on Amazon Fire TV devices

Fox Nation has just released an app for all Amazon Fire TV models. This is a relatively new streaming service that spun off of the Fox News cable network. It requires a $5.99 per month or $64.99 per year subscription to access the content. The app provides access to shows like Judge Napolitano, Deep Dive, UN-PC, The Quiz Show, Starnes Country, and others.

Update

Comments have been re-enabled for this post.

1. AFTVnews says:

In response to some feedback I’ve received about this post, I just want to say that I am in no way making a political statement for or against the views of Fox News by posting about this app. I highlight all new apps that are released by major media companies and networks. That is why I wrote this post. I’ve written dedicated posts about both CNN and Fox News apps in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. I am sorry if you disagree with my neutral position about these two media networks.

I initially disabled comments for this post because anytime I post anything about CNN or Fox News, the comments tend to get very political and very ugly. I’ve re-enabled comments for now, but please avoid discussing politics. Those comments will be deleted.

• Matt says:

If you look back at my past comments Elias i’ve always kept my posts posts positive and non political. As a matter of fact I had nothing to say about the Fox Nation app, I really just wanted to see what others had to say. However when I noticed once again that comments were disabled for a conservative post I felt it was more than just coincidence. I don’t know what your political beliefs are and I apologize for making assumptions I’m not trying to persuade anyone here one way or the other. Thank you for re-enabling comments.

• AFTVnews says:

While I do think your reaction was a bit harsh, I do now see that disabling comments was wrong and I greatly thank you for bringing that to my attention. I disabled comments out of laziness because I didn’t want to babysit this post’s comments over the weekend, but I need to take the bad with the good and not haphazardly mute the community.

I do stand by my rule to not allow political discussions because I don’t feel they have a place here, unless they’re directly relevant to the topics that are usually discussed.

• Matt says:

You are right I was a bit harsh and my outrage was most definitely misdirected and for that I also apologize. You do great work for us trying to get the most out of our Fire TVs with little, to no compensation. Thank you again for all your hard work.

2. Matt says:

NOTE FROM ELIAS/AFTVNEWS: This comment was originaly made on a different article because comments on this article were disabled at the time. The comment has been moved from the other article to here.

Elias I got to say i’m A little disappointed. I’m not sure why you would give Fox Nation it’s own posting and not just include it in the weekly ‘new apps’ post that you typically do but to then disable comments leads me to believe this is not the community of like minded people I once thought it was. I’m leaving this post to let you know that I will no longer promote your website or Downloader app and I will no longer make donations, I have also unsubscribed from emails.

3. Adam says:

With the sheer number of people in the country, and the world, you’re statistically guaranteed to upset someone with anything you do Elias, no matter how innocuous. Ignore them, people that would object with any acerbity to the kind of stuff we’ve all seen you do over the past few years can be safely disregarded. Something is inevitably going to set them off. What a pitiable state of being to navigate life from within it must be.

AFTVNews is a unique and valuable resource with years of success for a reason. Keep doing what you’re doing.

• AFTVnews says:

Thank you for the support and the kind words.

• ThomasAH says:

Elias, is “Something is inevitably going to set them off. What a pitiable state of being to navigate life from within it must be.” really something that you consider “kind words”? I consider this an insult to those who care about things, regardless the political view they have and even in non-political contexts :(

4. John in MN says:

Does EVERYTHING have to be made freaking political?!? Come on people, TOLERANCE already!

I think all off topic posts, criticisms, whining, etc., should be removed. No apologies necessary. Just give us our Fire TV news, people can ignore what they don’t like (I certainly do).

I’m glad to see more and more apps coming out for Fire TV. I don’t care if it is MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc. Just as long as well ALL have more choices!

• cheryl jones says:

Well said John. I don’t care about sports etc but yes this is for everyone. And elias this is your site–do what you want.

• TheVoiceOver says:

Agreed, but just as an FYI in my opinion – the world we live in is political. Especially those from the states now and as long as we the people are smart enough not to support anything/anyone that condones hate or tries to spread what they call “information” through lies and fear should not be supported PERIOD. There are some not intelligent enough to make sound decisions and believe “lies” they are told out of fear (people usually do not make sound decisions through fear hence the reason certain news outlets just try to scare people all the time.) But to get to what I’m trying to say – I personally support what you say as “having a choice” is the only option, one of the main reasons I choose to come here. I do not want all people thinking alike, and what a boring world that would be, but please people – don’t be tolerant of hate and deceptive ways/practices. We the people have to be smart, lose our pride and realize and support those who stand for equality as we are in fact people and should all be there for each other, not against.
      Take in ALL the information you can get, from all sides – understand things through “their” eyes, debate the opposition from EVERY side and then make a decision. Make that decision in love, make that decision in fear and at the end of the day – who feels like they are trying to do more right than wrong? I love choice, I love life, I love my kids, I love you guys. We are all brothers (and sisters @ that) and I’m proud people are thinking and I hope you all download every app Elias posts about and look at it through open eyes and decide in your mind, with your view and then make a decision and I have hope it will be one, without hate. Smile, TVO

• John in MN says:

@TheVoiceOver – Really? You just got VERY political. If people can tell who you would vote for, or vote against, it is political. That is not what THIS site is about. Take it elsewhere.

• JRock says:

What is this common sense you exercise? Seriously, though, well said. I visit many websites that don’t have the same political view as me, but I know their main objective isn’t political.

Keep up the good work, Elias!

5. hn333 says:

No thanks. I believe in Reality.

6. Nate says:

I certainly understand both sides of the coin; I think Elias realizes that apps such as this one will no doubt evoke some strong opinions and feelings from those who dislike the organization and believe it is doing a disservice to the general populous. I can also see that Elias is merely taking a stance as a website owner to bring news about new apps to the Fire TV platform no matter the content of it (provided it does not break Amazon’s TOS for apps).

I myself have personal opinions on Fox News and will always voice them when the time is appropriate, but I do not believe people should be crucifying Elias for reporting on this. This is not an endorsement or promotion of Fox News nor have any other similar posts for other apps. Plain and simple, this is just news being reported upon by a website owner.

I think if Elias started to selectively report on which new apps were out based on his own beliefs (or those of his readers), it would be a slippery slope into a level of bias that I know I personally could not condone.

I think we all need to take our critiques and criticisms to places they are welcomed, such as on the reviews page for this app or perhaps even contacting Amazon directly to voice your displeasure with them allowing an app you take issue with being placed within their app store. Either way, I do not think Elias should catch any flack for a neutral position.

7. Double Eared Wonder says:

Is the audio in stereo or available in surround sound?

8. AR says:

i have seen waked corpses with less pancake makeup on than Sean Hannity has on in that pic, just sayin

9. JoeB says:

You won’t find anyone more “fair and balanced” than Elias :)