FLIRC on sale for $14.95 — Adds IR Remote Functionality to Fire TV

flirc-dongle-interface-header

FLIRC, a small device that adds IR remote support and functionality to the Fire TV, is currently on sale for just $14.95. That is the cheapest price this device has ever been. FLIRC is quite elegant in its simplicity. It allows you to use any IR remote control you own to control your Fire TV. You plug it into a PC or Mac and select Fire TV on its simple configuration interface. You then set a button on your remote to perform each Fire TV remote action. Then just plug FLIRC into the Fire TV’s USB port, and your IR remote will be able to control your Fire TV. You’ll want to pick up a USB extension cable if you don’t already have one since the Fire TV’s USB port is in the back and FLIRC will need to be pointed towards the front.

1. hdmkv says:

Great deal, thanks.

2. Kramar111 says:

Alternative to extension cable – AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 2.0 Ultra-Mini Hub

3. Milky1 says:

Just to let you know they are releasing a new product on the 28th …..

4. Stephan says:

In Germany 26€ :(

5. Y314K says:

Does Flirc only replicates the official remote or can it become a Mouse for apps that needed too ??

6. BoomSchtick says:

I got one. I have one Harmony remote that is working great with an Ortek IR receiver. My other two Harmony’s however refuse to be tweaked and will constantly give double click/taps. I have not been able to do anything in the config software that would fix it.

I’ll try this to see if I can get the Harmony’s to behave themselves.

7. henning says:

@BoomSchtick I also had double clicks with my harmony and ortek. I just used troubleshooting in harmony software to reduce the clicks. Can’t remember the exact setting but it was something like “my remote send too many or too few clicks” and I just lowered it two steps.