First AFTVnewscast will be LIVE today at 1:30pm PT / 4:30pm ET — Get your questions in now!

Thanks to the overwhelmingly positive response, I’ll be streaming and recording the first AFTVnewscast today at 1:30pm PT / 4:30pm ET. I’ll talk a little about this week’s Fire TV topics, then address questions and topic suggestions. Please ask your questions in comments of this post! They can be about Fire TVs, AFTVnews, blogging, Kodi, media streaming, tech in general, or anything really. You can also tweet questions to @AFTVnews using hashtag #AFTVNC right now and live during the broadcast. If you can’t tune in live, get your questions in now regardless. I’ll have the recording available on YouTube and as an audio podcast afterwards. Look for a post closer to the broadcast time with links on how to watch live.

The show is now over. Thanks for those who tuned in live. I’ll have video and audio up soon for those who couldn’t watch live.

1. AFTV_Fan says:

I have some topics you may consider.

1) “Root vs non-root AFTV devices” – Pros & Cons
    2) AFTV + KODI, DVR capabilities?
    3) Storage for downloaded games, how to get it completely on external disks.
    4) KODI video addons – Buffering issues, how to resolve them or reduce

2. Y314K says:

Discuss any new info on the next FireTV device(s).

Any rumors or new info on the next Android 5.1 based fw for FireTV’s.

And more importantly if our current devices will get the Android 5.1 update. And how soon that might happen ? (Pre or Post new device release)

• Y314K says:

Took me a while to get it to show. But watching live on FireTV YouTube app now.

Can you add a direct link here to the live stream. Was trying to do a split screen on my phone.

3. JRock says:

Probably won’t get to join live, but nonetheless I appreciate your time, and like this idea.

I’m curious about how much direct contact you actually have with Amazon, or anyone working within Amazon. I’m not looking for names or fine details by any means. Just overall curious how much attention you have brought to them and if they regularly respond to you.

If they do respond, can you share how that goes? Is it the typical copy/paste response?

I would think they would take some interest considering the coverage is primarily Amazon related and generally positive.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!

4. YOgun27 says:

Great idea, here’s a question for the next newscast:
    I am attempting to downgrade my rooted (w/BusyBox) Fire TV to 510058520, in order to eventually install your pre-rooted firmware. However, I continue to get the “downgrade install failed” message upon reboot. I read all of the comments in the downgrade post at AFTVnews, and still can’t figure it out. (I’m using a Mac computer). Any ideas?

Here is my log:
    User-1s-MacBook-Pro:~ user1$ ./adb push /Users/user1/APK\ Files/recovery.img /sdcard/
    940 KB/s (10485760 bytes in 10.886s)
    User-1s-MacBook-Pro:~ user1$ ./adb shell
    shell@android:/ $ su
    dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery command <
    root@android:/cache/recovery # exit
    shell@android:/ $ exit
    User-1s-MacBook-Pro:~ user1$ ./adb push /Users/user1/APK\ Files/ /cache
    1017 KB/s (415956067 bytes in 399.180s)
    User-1s-MacBook-Pro:~ user1$ ./adb reboot recovery

5. Keith says:

I’ll be listening.
    I don’t have specific questions but more like talking points.
    -what are the upgrades you’d like to see on AFTV gen 2 (ex. 2nd USB port, 24 fps, new ui)
    AFTV talk has died down quite a bit in the forums so I look forward to your new show! Great job! You are very good at what you do.

6. The Cord Cutting Show Episode 21 – Amazon Downloads, Apple TV Rumors, Hulu Ad Free, Netflix, and More! Today’s Cord Cutting Show is brought to you by Arnu Box.