Fire TV Cube owners should set up their devices before Monday to get their free $10 Amazon Video credit

Quick reminder for those of you who purchased an Amazon Fire TV Cube but have not yet signed into your new device. If you do so before 11:59 p.m. ET on July 1st, you’ll automatically receive a $10 credit to spend on digital rentals and purchases of movies and TV shows through Amazon. This is part of the introductory promotion that Amazon ran for the Fire TV Cube. Just log into a new Fire TV Cube with your Amazon account by the deadline and you’ll receive an email informing you that the $10 credit has been applied to your Amazon account. The $10 credit itself expires on August 31st, 2018.

1. clocks says:

Thanks for the reminder. I still don’t know what to do. Have two of them sealed. Reviews are mediocre. I guess I should just try one.

I did get the Shield update, and Prime works better now and I have it running as a Plex server. Amazon needs to up their game or they will completely lose the higher end of the market. While the Shield costs more, it have several advantages over FTV.

2. viperware says:

Is there a way to see if you received the credit with your amazon account? I don’t think I received an email.

• Joe says:

I got mine and spent the credit.

Here is what my email said:
      Thank you for setting up your Fire TV Cube. Your Amazon account has been credited with $10 which will be automatically applied to your next eligible video purchase or rental. Any unused credit will expire on Aug 31, 2018. See full terms and conditions below.

I am betting you have the credit if you set up the Fire Cube

• viperware says:

I got one that was titled “Welcome
        To Firetv Cube”. It said this:

Welcome to Fire TV Cube
        Now that you’ve setup your Fire TV Cube, you’re ready to start enjoying a world of hands-free entertainment. Here are some tips and recommendations to help ensure you’re getting the most out of your new device.

No mention of the credit.

• Mike S says:

viperware – I got this same message, but at the same time the other one arrived with info about the credit.