Downloader is an app I created for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. It makes it easy to download files from the internet to your device. The app is most commonly used to easily sideload 3rd-party apps onto the Fire TV.
- Released: February 26, 2017 (Direct APK Download)
- New built-in Web Browser w/ support for file downloads and Fire TV remote navigation.
- New “Help” section.
- New setting to auto-load web pages in browser.
- Improved file downloading and file handling.
- Added detection of web pages with prompt to load in browser.
- Added option to delete downloaded file from download success message for easy cleanup after installing APKs
- Added option to cancel downloads in progress
- Changed file download progress message into pop-up window to prevent unaware background downloads.
- Changed “About” section to “Help” section that is dynamically loaded for easy updating.
- Changed app icon and graphics orange color to match color inside the app.
- Updated “Help” section with detailed info about built-in browser navigation and settings.
- Removed compatibility with all devices except Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks
- Released: January 19, 2017 (Direct APK Download)
- Improved URL handling and file downloading.
- Added file size indicator to download progress display
- Added navigation menu.
- Added “Files” section where downloaded files are listed.
- Added ability to delete files from “Files” section by pressing the remote’s menu button.
- Added ability to open/install files from “Files” section by pressing the remote’s select button.
- Added “Settings” section for app options.
- Added setting to change where downloaded files are stored.
- Added setting to enable/disable auto-install of downloaded APKs.
- Added “About” section with app information and help.
- Added donation buttons to the app’s “Home” screen. Donations will be used to pay for the development of additional features. Paid development done by Johannes Bramauer (a.k.a. superkoal on XDA)
- Released: November 11, 2016 (Direct APK Download)
- Fire TV compatibility fix
- Released: November 11, 2016
- Initial Release
Also see related posts.