Beautifully detailed Fire TV skin for Kodi released

kodi-aftv-skin-movies
It’s hard to believe, but the screenshots in this post are not images of the Fire TV interface. They are screenshots of Kodi. The incredibly skilled Kodi skinner Kevin (aka Hitcher) has released a skin for Kodi that makes it look exactly like Amazon’s Fire TV interface. He has been working on the skin for months and just released the first alpha version. It looks absolutely amazing and perfectly replicates the Fire TV interface, down to the tiny nuances. You can download the skin from here, and while you’re there, hit the donate button on that page to support Hitcher’s efforts and show your appreciation.

Update

Note that this skin works best with the new “Isengard” beta version of Kodi. See the thread linked above for more details. Thanks kingofenglandrew for pointing that out in the comments.

1. dee says:

how do I add the movies to home screen?

• Movies says:

you add the movies to your library

• noiprocks says:

For everyone that has an empty home screen/ no Widgets like e.g. “recently added”:

Change your language to english. Otherwise those widgets/homescreen stays empty. I was on german first and everything was empty.

After i changed the language to english everything was fine. As it is still early beta, it might get corrected someday.

• 3mpire says:

For those of you having the issue of no sub menues showing after installing the FTV skin, here is the solution. First, when you download the skin from here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207475

Make sure to download ALL 3 FILES. the skin zip, the toolbox zip and the sub menues zip.

Install all 3 zip files!
      I installed the skin zip first, then let all the plugins and addons install. Then, install the other 2 zip files.

Configure the sub menus as per the tutorial and you should be good to go.

MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL 3 ZIP FILES.

2. kingofenglandrew says:

Should probably mention that on the download page it says: “Isengard only”

• Hitcher says:

Yes, I’m using lots of the new features added to Isengard.

• Y314K says:

Congrats & thanks for all the hard work…

I am guessing since it’s working on the latest SPMC according to some in the main Alpha thread… It is for the most part Helix compatible.. Although not officially ? And it might lack a few features ?

For those that use online sources like Genesis & Mash Up video online streaming will this pull/display from online sources like the Eminence skin does? Or is it mostly for local/network. I think Genesis & Mash Up have the add to library/favorite option… So I am hopping that will be all that it is needed to get fields populated ?

Thanks again for all the great work you done since Oct. 2014 … Really worth the wait.. Brilliant skin…

• Me says:

The greatest skin ever seen. And thanks for all your efforts. How can I subscribe to updates?

3. Andre says:

Where can i enable Live TV? Can find this

4. Kris Hurman says:

Will this work on OSMC and Kodi 14.2?

Looks really cool

5. Himad says:

Awesome work !

6. young says:

Can you add new menu options like fire tv main menu?

7. Junior says:

I look awesome!!! Great work!

Make an Android TV skin for Kodi too. Lol

8. Shaphan says:

i have tried to add Ftv skin. I get error message about zip file having incorrect structure. This was on 2 separate Android kodi 15.0 instances. Any help would be appreciated.

9. Marcel says:

Love the way it looks! No support for mouse though? Will that be added at some point? I only took a quick look and couldn’t find the ‘View mode’, Sorting options, etc. … too early for that?

10. Ichijoe says:

So if this requires a NAS to feed it.. Which is cool I suppose. Is there a Screen where you can get the the streaming Addons?

11. robert says:

Nice. That should really help make it all seem much more cohesive.

12. arild says:

Will this work with trakt.tv addon so I can scrobble and rate everything I watch?

13. Bob says:

Please keep the updates coming on this. I’m not so cutting edge, neither my Kodi installation nor do I want to run an early alpha skin, but I’ll be all over this once it’s in stable release.

• Hitcher says:

The only thing you can’t do right now is customise the home layouts, apart from that it’s complete.

• JP says:

Can you assist with detailing how to edit the home layout to show content to the right of the menue. I have Kodi 15.1 installed on a fire stick and I was able to get the skin installed, but I cannot get submenus to show up. I can edit the items on the menu, but cannot get movies to show up for genesis. Only favorites and the weather show up. I watched a YouTube video advising adding what you want to appear to favorites, but that did not work. I did note that the screen shots also refer to the submenu as widgets, assumed it was an older release. This seems to be a common question for the skin you developed.

14. Kevin says:

Simply amazing work, was just the push I needed to install isengard and it was definitely worth it.

15. Dan Y. says:

I love this skin. it works fine with helix so far is there anything im missing that would make it worth my time to update kodi to isengard? as far as the trakt question it works just like it does with any skin.

16. wow !!! looks amazing… all i need now is hebrew support.
    great job !

17. MIchael says:

Getting Dependencies not met! Trying to install manually

18. Toeru says:

Did not work on SPMC (Isengrad) fork of Kodi :(

19. Lpot says:

Hi
    love this skin thx.

can anyone help with a problem i have on all my devices i use no matter what skin i use but when i add movies to my library they get added fine but when i go to add more a day or 2 later it does not work anyone had this and no a fix thanks

20. phil says:

Cant install gui fix any ideas? Thanks its a great skin

21. remops says:

I installed this on windows no problem. I’m not able to get the tv or movies to show up on the right on the FTV. I have the same settings. The tv shows are genesis shows saved as favorites and added to the library. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks

22. Nahaja says:

Hitcher, is there a way to add the widgets option to new pages that I am adding?

Also not getting seeing the thumbnails on the homescreen for the progam and video apps. Any advice on what im doing incorrectly? Thanks and love, love the build.

23. Defender says:

Hi,

first congrats! Awesome skin!

Unfortunately im not able to get my movies displayed at the home screen. Even switching from German to English didnt work. The home screen stays empty. Nothing is displayed at all…

Any ideas ?

Using the latest Isengard already…

Best,

• JP says:

Unfortunately I’m having the same issue. I have Kodi 15.1 installed on a fire stick and I was able to get the skin installed, but I cannot get submenus to show up. I can edit the items on the menu, but cannot get movies to show up for genesis. Only favorites and the weather show up. I watched a YouTube video advising adding what you want to appear to favorites, but that did not work. I did note that the screen shots also refer to the submenu as widgets, assumed it was an older release. Hopefully the developer comments to assist.

• Mike says:

Yeah I had this issue, widgets didnt appear on my settings, instead I used submenu and went through addons> video addons> Genesis> etc until I got to Most Watched or whatever I wanted then created the shortcut there.
        That will populate once you OK it

24. cesk1090 says:

Does this skin support movie logo? Is it displayed in any position? Thanks

25. Pascal says:

Thanks you so much hitcher!
    Grat Work!

26. 3mpire says:

Install all 3 zip files!

Configure the sub menus as per the tutorial and you should be good to go.

MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL 3 ZIP FILES.

27. Reeper666 says:

Same for me no submenues in osmc 15.2

28. buck123 says:

What an awesome skin. Hats of to the dev hitcher. Just one question how do i set a startup video on the skin?

29. KJ2016 says:

Does ftv skin work on Jarvis?

30. chillea says:

what is the web address for installing to the fire tv?