AT&T U-verse app released for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

AT&T has just released a U-verse app for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. The app gives U-verse cable subscribers access to stream live channels using a Fire TV device and an internet connection. U-verse subscribers can now bring their programming with them when they travel by packing their Fire TV device. Alternately, the new app can be used to access programing on a spare TV in place of renting an additional cable box.

1. Brad says:

On a lot of the channels I am getting “Playback not allowed because device is not secure”… is this because my FireTV is rooted?

2. Y314K says:

Finally, dealing with the PlayStore Uverse app has been a hassle. Tons of live channels with playback errors & needing a mouse to navigate. I could only get a few channels to actually play after the last update. And always having to manually update the app.

This AFTV Uverse App looks & feels awesome. And the menu navigation/options seems perfect. Seems it’s just missing the DVR function from the PlayStore app. Which is great for me since I don’t want to accidentally mess with any DVR functions anyway. But I can’t test the live playback since my FTV’s are rooted. Get the “device not secure” nags.

Elias aka AFTVNews, How about making a quick guide on how to bypass (Root Hide) this. Found a few PlayStore apps but not sure which one is best for Rooted FTV’s.

Thanks again for this great site…

• AA says:

I downloaded the app n every time I try to use it, it says the universe mobile service is temporarily unavailable. Has anyone else experienced this??

3. jarbarf says:

I can login and select a channel. Then, I’m getting an error that says policy_check_failure. Any ideas?

4. Paul elder says:

Can I just watch uverse through my fire tv or do I need it installed in my house and have a cable box for it to work?

5. DON says:

I have Amazon prime and an account with att unverse. I have down loaded the app on fire tv however will not log on when using my I’D and password. I can log in to att unverse on my kindle and mobile device and desktop computer. So the I’D and password are correct . Any ideas

6. Matt fitter says:

It would be great if att mobile customers can subscribe to uverse via smart TV app….

7. Johnny Chowder says:

I just got the second gen Fire TV gaming edition and cannot find this app in the store. Did they pull it recently?

8. Yodo says:

Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Whenever I try and watch any channels I get “DRMContent Request Failed”

9. Camman41 says:

Is the ethernet port on the U-verse dvr ‘hot’, that I could route the signal to a switch/hub? The signal gets to the dvr via coax. Or do I need to invest in a MoCa kit OR make a difficult point-to-point ethernet cable run in the attic?

10. Lisa says:

I installed the Fire Stick and could see it on the TV screen, but have no sound. I have an auxiliary sound system hooked into my Uverse box since the TV sound is so bad. I just don’t know what to do to not the TV channel sound to come up instead of the FIre Stick sound.My CD rom player is also hooked up to the TV and Uverse box. Any help would be appreciated.

11. Robert johnson says:

I have verse on fire stick limited number of channels available but not the ones I watch

Do not know if it recognizes my u verse account.

I gave up using it

12. A C Barton says:

Just had new uverse router installed and now fire stick won’t show new wifi. Any suggestions?
    I have reset everything several times, it shows a bunch of neighbors wifi networks and my wifi shows up on phones and laptops just not on fire stick