Amazon’s Fire TV 3 might go on sale tomorrow for Cyber Monday

The Amazon Fire TV Stick sale for $24.99 is one of the highlights of this year’s Black Friday sale, but if you’re one of the many who are disappointed that the all-new Fire TV 3 did not go on sale this year, there’s still hope. There is a small but not entirely unlikely chance that Amazon will briefly discount the Fire TV 3 tomorrow for Cyber Monday.

In general, the more recently a device has been released, the less likely Amazon will put it on sale during one of their big sales events, like Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. During this year’s Black Friday, the Fire TV 3, Echo Spot, and the Kindle Oasis are among Amazon’s newest devices and were notably not on sale.

There’s a small possibility that Amazon will surprise us by putting the Fire TV 3 on sale tomorrow for Cyber Monday, because that’s exactly what they did in 2014 with the 1st generation Fire TV. Back when the Fire TV 1 was $99, Amazon very briefly put it on sale for $69 on Cyber Monday. The sale was a complete surprise and only lasted a few hours. It was the one and only time the Fire TV 1 was ever available for less than $70.

I want to stress that it is very unlikely that the main Fire TV will go on sale during Cyber Monday. However, it is something that has happened in the past, so it is possible that it will happen again. I would expect the sale, if it does happen, will not start at midnight and last all day, like a typical Cyber Monday sale. If the Fire TV 3 does go on sale tomorrow, I would expect the sale to start in the morning and last only until a set number of devices are sold.

1. Hitcher says:

Did they fix the refresh rate problem?

2. Andrew Kenis says:

Waiting to see. Still rocking 1st Gen box at home and it’s fine. 3rd Gen doesn’t seem like a good upgrade for me. But I travel with original stick. Very slow with TTV. 3rd Gen box seems more like a stick to me? What’s your though on Firetv 3 vs Stick 2?

• Lee says:

Fire tv 2nd gen is still the best

• Andrew Kenis says:

Are you saying 2nd Gen box or stick is best? I’ve heard 2nd Gen box is the best, but not good for travel I think.

But do you agree with the other comment that 2nd generation stick is “better” than 3rd generation “dongle/box?”

• Tony Ramirez says:

The Stick 2 is faster and more reliable than the new 3rd Gen. The 3rd Gen is horrible. I am holding on to it to see if software updates will fix it.

• Allen says:

Just got mine from Amazon for $50. Really great. I have the 4th Gen Apple TV and 2nd Gen Apple TV at home. The 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick is too slow for me. I travelled a lot and like to pack the fire tv with me but unfortunately with hdmi cable and the box it’s bit quite portable. This 3rd gen dongle is just perfect. As responsive as the box and small enough to throw in a backpack with the remote.

3. Charlie says:

IF they offered it at an amazingly low price I might get one, just to see, but I’m saving my money for the FTV4 Cube I’m hoping to see released soon.

4. Kmh65 says:

Good to hear; will be returning the Nvidia Shield I just picked up as the UI is terrible compared to Amazon’s & generally not worth the price at all for my use.

• clocks says:

Yes, I am on my third stint with a Nvidia Shield, and every time I am left with the same impression. It is a nice device, but not worth it unless you are into their gaming stuff.

5. Christopher Loughrey says:

Why does Amazon never put Prime membership on sale for Prime Day or Black Friday anymore? That used to always be the highlight of these events and was a great marketing strategy to encourage people to buy more products using Prime benefits.

6. Christopher Loughrey says:

When is the FTV4 cube coming out? I don’t believe the FTV3 is a worthy successor to the FTV2 as it feels like an updated Fire TV Stick.

• Tony Ramirez says:

Note even that. The FTV2 Stick performs better than the crappy dongle. At least it does not stutter and freeze during video playback in apps like Netflix. Hulu is however a stuttering mess which I hate as I watch Hulu the most.

7. derrick says:

unless it’s on sale for the price of the on sale firestick i’m not interested because honesty it’s just a slight upgrade to the firestick

8. Daniel says:

Who cares about that piece of shit fire stick 3 .!

9. Brown Mamba says:

On sale at Target for $59.50 – discount shown after adding to cart.