Amazon Signs Former ‘Top Gear’ Trio for New Motoring Show

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May, former hosts of the globally popular Top Gear auto show, have signed on with Amazon for a new show, set to air in 2016. The BBC franchise, which was the world’s most watched factual program with an audience of about 350 million people, came to an end when Clarkson was fired for punching one of the shows producers. That triggered months of speculation on whether the team would take the series to a competing network, which has now come to an end.

The wildly popular show’s three hosts and executive producer Andy Wilman, who is credited with the shows creation with Clarkson, have signed on to produce three seasons. The new show will be exclusively on Prime Instant Video in the US, UK, Austria, and Germany. Amazon will likely license rights to the show outside of those area where Prime video is unavailable.

1. Does it matter? says:

This site went from posting good tutorials, to just whatever they can find. Last six articles have nothing to do with FireTV. Not to mention the all too common ‘APP REMOVED’ articles, just for them to come back in 2 days. How about some REAL articles. Hacks, additional uses, etc.

• It doesn't matter says:

I agree. I dont care if Pirate Ship Adventures is $2 today only.

• AFTVnews says:

I’m sorry you’re not happy with the recent topics that I’ve been posting. Believe me, if there were new pure Fire TV news to cover, I would love to post that instead. If I strictly posted only 100% Fire TV news, there would only really be 2 or 3 posts a week. When there is no new Fire TV news, I try to find topics I hope will interest Fire TV owners. You shouldn’t consider these non-Fire TV topics as being posted in place of Fire TV topics. You should see them as being posted in place of nothing. I figure people would rather visit the site and find an off-topic article that might interest them, rather than finding that nothing new has been posted for several days.

Most of my non-Fire TV articles fall under two categories: Amazon and Competition. I cover Amazon related topics, like this one, because many Fire TV owners are Prime members and invested in the Amazon ecosystem, so I figure it’s nice to know when there’s Amazon news. I also cover competitors to the Fire TV, like the recent article about Razer buying Ouya, since I think it’s a good idea to keep tabs on the Fire TV’s competition.

As for guides, I’d love to pump out new guides every day, but I just don’t have the time. I’m one guy and guides typically take several days to write since I like to be very thorough and test the procedure on many different setups like: rooted vs not rooted, Fire TV vs Stick, plus different software versions. I currently have two guides I’m actively working on that should be out soon. I’m also constantly re-testing and updating old guides as things change with new updates. I take pride in my guides and I won’t give up quality in order to increase quantity. I hope you can understand my position.

• Lindsay says:

Thanks for posting this article. A little bit of varieties won’t harm.
        This is something refreshing from reading the AFTV media device firmware/software everyday.

Keep it up!

2. It kind of does matter says:

This is not last I checked. I guess they should cater to YOU instead of dropping an article that is relevant to ohhhh something like 350 million people. Piss off.

3. Y314K says:

Original TOP GEAR CREW for the WIN…

And this site has constantly included Amazon exclusive shows in their news… So it is normal coverage.. And a big freaking deal…