Amazon Prime Membership will be $72 this Saturday only

40-off-with-prime-fire-tv

In celebration of their two wins at the 72nd Golden Globes, Amazon will be offering Prime Membership for just $72 this Saturday only. That’s 27% off the regular annual price of $99. If you’re not a Prime Member, this will be a rare opportunity to join at a discounted rate.

Amazon has been making Prime membership increasingly more attractive lately. In addition to free two-day shipping on most items sold by Amazon and unlimited access to the Prime Instant Video library, this past year Amazon has given Prime members unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos and free access to over a million songs with Prime Music. Additionally, Prime members have been receiving first dibs on new Amazon products with exclusive pre-order opportunities. More impressive, these Prime only pre-order opportunities have come with heavy discounts like the 50% off offered with Fire TV Stick and Amazon Echo pre-orders.

1. Mike Sugino says:

Can I renew an existing prime membership with this deal?

• AC says:

I’m curious about the same thing. One possible loophole is to buy a “gift of prime” and redeem it for yourself when you expire, but that’s only if they adjust the price for that.

• Matt says:

I did this when Amazon first announced the price hike from $80 to $100. I turned off auto-renew on my Prime membership, waited for it to expire, and then redeemed the gift membership I’d bought way back then (you can’t redeem while a Prime membership is active – it’ll offer to turn it into Amazon credit at the then-paid rate – i.e., my gift membership would have been worth $80, not $100). Worked like a charm. :) I’m considering doing this again this Saturday to keep on hand for next time my Prime membership is up. :p

• ac says:

Can confirm now that the gift loophole applies to this deal. Just purchased a gift membership for myself @ $72 for delivery in June at my expiration.

2. Nicholas Mannion says:

Would it be able to be bought as a gift in US and used in UK?

3. santosh verma says:

Actually I see this deal active on amazon right now(01/23). I’m not sure if there was typo in original post or I misread it but looks like this deal will expire before Friday midnight PST.