Amazon is offering free in-home consultations with experts on smart home, WiFi, lighting, Fire TV, and more

Amazon’s list of available Home Services has been steadily expanding ever since they started offering the services two years ago. One of the fastest growing categories is the collection of Smart Home related services, which range from the relatively simple task of setting up a Fire TV to more daunting all day multi-device setups. If the ever-growing market of smart home devices and services is overwhelming, Amazon is offering smart home consultations completely for free.

The free consultations that Amazon is offering are conducted in your home with Amazon employees. These are not random contractors who are going to try to pressure you into buying expensive devices or services. They are handpicked, background-checked, licensed, and certified tech-savvy experts who are just there to give customized recommendations for your specific needs.

The general smart home consultation, which has a nearly perfect 4.9 out of 5 star review rating, is a good place to start if you don’t know where to begin when it comes to home automation and voice control. If you have a more specific idea of what you want, you can select a more focused consultation like lighting, home security, WiFi, sprinklers, and thermostats. All for free.

With these free consultations, an Amazon employed expert will come to your home at a scheduled time between 8am and 8pm. During the 45 minute appointment, they’ll first asses your home WiFi to identify any potential issues and then discuss your needs to recommend products. They’ll even bring smart home products to demo in your home during the consultation.

1. boudyka says:

call me a cynic….but there is no such thing as a free lunch!

• AFTVnews says:

I’m sure the experts are told to favor Alexa compatible devices over the competition, but I would think those needing this type of service would still benefit from the information provided, even if it does favor one segment of the market.

2. Dave says:

“…they’ll first access your home WiFi to identify any potential issues…”

I think not.

• AFTVnews says:

Doh! That was a spellcheck mistake. It’s supposed to be “asses” and not “access.” I’ve fixed it. I assume they just check your WiFi signal strength in various rooms, which would not require network access.

3. Jim Carter says:

This is a great service for the non geeks/paranoids.

4. David says:

How do you get in touch with these experts?

5. Joe says:

Thanks Amazon, not only is Alexa, Firetv and Fire tablets spying on me, now your employees are coming for dinner and going to spy on me, ALL FOR FREE.

6. Henry Armour says:

I’m interested but could not find this item on the Web site. Do you have an item number to help me find this?