Amazon Echo now available without an invitation for $179.99

Amazon Echo, the amazingly useful voice-controlled speaker, is now available for anyone to purchase for $179.99. Before today, the Echo was only available via invitation. If you’re considering buying one, I highly suggest you put your order in immediately and decide if you want it later. You won’t be charged until the Echo ships. There is bound to be high demand that will push the delivery date further back as the day progresses.

The Echo is expanding its capabilities faster than any other Amazon product. Since its invite-only release, it has gain the ability to control smart home automation devices, play Pandora and Audible, check your calendar and traffic, and much more. I was even able to make it control my Fire TV. The echo is by far my favorite Amazon device next to the Fire TV and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Lastly, a little birdy at Amazon told me that true Fire TV integration is coming to the Echo.

1. Craig says:

Again, just like Audible integration on Fire TV, I’d rather have Echo functionality baked into my Fire TV via a firmware update.

2. Ujn Hunter says:

Got one for the bedroom during the invite period… if this ever drops to $99, I’d definitely consider getting another for the living room. I only wish it had a wired Ethernet option.

3. Dave69 says:

Price is too high. $99 maybe, anything over, no way.

4. clocks says:

This thing is really cool, but I am still debating if I have a use scenario for it. On occasion when I do want to do something similar, I usually just grab my phone.

5. Katie says:

We must have gotten one of the last batch of invites. Our delivery date is July 15th. Glad I saved myself $30 by ordering a couple days ago. I can’t wait to see how the Echo is developed further.

6. Sam H says:

“Incredibly useful’?? I suppose if you’re an Amazon fanatic who needs another way to spend money it might be. Otherwise it’s useless, IMO.