Amazon Dash Buttons surpass 150 brands with the addition of 50 new brands

Amazon Dash Buttons, the simple push-to-order devices that Amazon essentially gives away, continue to grow in popularity. Today, Amazon has announced that 50 new brands have been added to the Dash button lineup, pushing the total selection north of 150 brands. New comers include Campbell’s Soup, Trident, Cascade, Clif Bar, Mentos, Quilted Northern, and many others. New categories of buttons have also been added, like a toys category which allows you to order Play-Doh or Nerf darts with the push of a button. It’s probably a good idea to place those particular buttons out of a child’s reach.

Amazon says Dash Button orders have increased by over 70% in the last 3 months and a Dash button order is placed every 30 seconds now. In fact, Amazon says that for some items, like Bounty paper towels and Maxwell House coffee, more than half of all orders are now made via Dash Button. Prime members can order Dash Buttons for $4.99 each, which is automatically refunded when the button is used for the first, so it’s no surprise the buttons are growing in popularity since the extra convenience comes at no additional cost to customers.

1. Ryan says:

I would probably have a few of those around the house if I could choose the product that is purchased with the push of the button instead of the pre-programmed products they offer them for. For example, I don’t use the dog food they have a dash button for, and I’m not changing my dogs food just so I can push a button. But if I could pick the dog food and have a button programmed for it, I would totally do that.

• AFTVnews says:

I fully agree. I’d also like to see integration between Dash Buttons and Amazon Subscribe & Save. Maybe like an option to move an item to the next S&S order when the Dash Button is pressed. My issue is the things I would use a Dash Button for are mostly the same things I get through Amazon S&S, and it’s just not worth losing the 15% discount that S&S gives for the convenience of the buttons.

2. gdroid666 says:

are people really this lazy and this stupid to buy such a useless product?

• AFTVnews says:

They’re essentially free. You pay $4.99 to receive it and then get $4.99 credited back the first time you use it.

• Mark says:

Sorry but even for free these things are goofy. Would hate to hit buttons by mistake or have them be defective and tons of stuff shows up at your door. I like being more deliberate in the purchasing of items.

• AFTVnews says:

The button does not allow a second item to be ordered until after an existing (first) order arrives at your door, so at worse, you can only place one order by mistake. Even then, you get a notification for each order placed by the button so you have time to cancel the order if the button was pressed by mistake.

• gdroid666 says:

oh i did not realize it was that cheap and that they credited you back the money once you placed your 1st order, in that case it’s as bad as i thought i thought they were like 10 0r 15$ and you didn’t gt anything back
        just kinda seems like a waste of resources a l of tech to do one limited task ,so how do they work? bluetooth? wifi? i wonder if anyone has hacked one or figured out a way to re-purpose the wifi or bluetooth inside

3. Joe says:

It’s for people with no time to shop and don’t care what price they are paying for an item they regularly purchase.