Amazon Cloud Cam will be $59.99 (50% off) for Prime Day — Blink cameras will also be on sale

An Amazon representative has informed me that the Amazon Cloud Cam will be on sale for $59.99 during Prime Day next week. That price is 50% off the regular price and will be the new lowest price that Amazon has ever sold their security camera. For comparison, the Cloud Cam was $99.99 during Black Friday last year and reached an all-time low price of $89.99 during a sale in December. It is unknown if Amazon will offer additional discounts for customers who purchase multiple cameras, like they are currently offering. Currently, if you buy two cameras you’ll save an additional $40 and you’ll save an additional $70 if you buy 3 cameras. Amazon usually temporarily suspends multi-unit discounts when they hold major sales like Prime Day, but there have been instances where a sale price and a multi-unit discount have stacked together to provide double discounts in the past, so we’ll have to wait and see. Since Amazon acquired Blink last year, they will also be putting Blink security cameras on sale during Prime Day. The Blink XT 1 Camera System will be on sale for $74.99, which is down from $129.99, and the Blink XT 2 Camera System will be on sale for $139.99, which is down from $229.99. Both of those prices will be significantly lower than those camera systems have ever been in the past.

1. Jim Carter says:

Because of this article, I’m getting acquainted with Blink cameras. The price is a huge plus, but apparently a big negative is the inability to view the feed from any device aside from a smartphone or tablet. Is this correct? No Echo Show/Fire TV/website viewing?

2. Jim Carter says:

My original post apparently didn’t take. Am I correct that the feed from Blink cameras is only available on smartphones and tablets? No Fire TV/Echo Show/website access? Can anyone comment on the quality?

• AFTVnews says:

Sorry, your comments got held by my spam filter. I needed to manually approve them.

As for your question, Blink cameras do work with Alexa and can be viewed through an Echo Show or a Fire TV. Here is their Alexa Skill that enables it. Blink does not have a website or PC app to view the camera feed. A workaround is to use an Android emulator, like NOX, to launch the Android app on a Mac or Windows PC.

• HeyRadar says:

Using Alexa is kinda pointless. You can arm and disarm, but easier to use phone.

When disarming you have to say a code. This prevents random people from being able to disarm.

3. j0kiz says:

i can’t recall whether it is on prime day that amazon usually restricts the purchase of a device to limited quantities, can anyone confirm?

4. HeyRadar says:

I love my Blink cameras.

Only get the XT models though.

5. Kevin says:

Sweet! Been waiting to add a few more cameras to my set up. They’re not the best cameras but the subscription is decently priced and they do the job. Looks like I have a project for next week.

6. RVD26 says:

Does this work with tinyCam Pro app?

7. Lisa R Cherrie says:

I’ve had my Blink cameras for several months. Can’t wait for the video doorbell. No storage or monitoring fees! I want to add another outdoor camera and one inside. No problems, ridiculously easy to set up.

8. JoeB says:

Will looking into the Blink cameras if there is no Subscription fees.