Amazon, Best Buy, eBay drop Fire TV price to $84 to compete with Staples [Expired]

staples-74-rest-84-header
Not ones to be left on the sidelines, Amazon, Best Buy, and eBay have put the Fire TV on sale for $84 to match Staples. However, Staples still edges out since they currently have a coupon code that knocks an additional $10 off, bring the price down to $74.

Follow AFTVnews on Twitter / Facebook and subscribe via email to be the first to learn when new articles go live. Follow me, Elias Saba, on Twitter and Instagram to see what I'm working on before it's posted here.

1. Dan says:

Are the ones being shipped from Amazon still rootable? I guess I should ask, any idea which are and which aren’t?

2. Paul_Aris says:

I get my amazon one in the mail tomorrow (Tuesday) and my staples one Wednesday so I will let you know.

3. Paul_Aris says:

I got mine from Amazon today in the mail. Guess what it has software 51.1.0.1 which is rootable. I already have it rooted, superuser, busybox and xbmc loaded. I am sure the staples one will be about the same

4. robert says:

I want to get another but this makes me wonder if there is a new product on the horizon and they are lowering the price to get rid of old stock.

• AFTVnews says:

I wouldn’t worry about that at all. The Fire TV has only been out for 5 months. I would be shocked if Amazon released a new Fire TV sooner than a year after the current one. An Amazon exec is quoted saying they expect this Fire TV to be in production for at least 2 years.

• hdmkv says:

I’m actually hoping for a new version, with at least 16GB storage for all these games that I can’t install due to the limited 8GB storage (really 5GB+ usable).